This privacy notice describes how United Biscuits (UK) Limited collects and processes personal data about you using this website and its contents, how we use and protect data, and your rights over that data.
The categories of personal data that we collect directly from you include:
- personal details (e.g. name, gender, age);
- other contact details (e.g. telephone number, email, postal address or phone number);
- information we need to fulfil a prize or promotion (e.g. address);
- queries, complaints or information needed to establish or defend a legal claim;
- information we collect automatically from you using cookies and other device identifying technologies.
We occasionally collect personal data from other sources, including queries or complaints through social network sites (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
We use personal data to:
- provide you with product information or offers from us or other pladis companies and promotional partners in accordance with your marketing preferences;
- operate competitions and promotions;
- contact you for your opinions on our products, services or websites;
- deal with queries and complaints;
- improve our websites, products and services, and to deliver content that is relevant to your interests;
- comply with legal obligations to which we are subject and cooperate with regulators and law enforcement bodies;
- exercise our legal rights where it is necessary to do so, for example to detect, prevent and respond to fraud claims, intellectual property infringement claims or violations of law.
We use personal data with your consent, or where it is necessary to:
- enter into a contract and deliver services for you;
- comply with a legal obligation;
- protect your vital interests or the vital interests of those around you;
- for our own lawful interests or those of other organisations, provided your rights don’t override these.
We will only use personal data about you for the purpose it was collected for or closely related purposes and will inform you or seek your consent if we need to use it for other purposes.
We share personal data with third parties, some of whom may be located outside the jurisdiction in which you are located (or in which we provide the services), in the following circumstances:
- pladis group companies: United Biscuits (UK) Limited is ultimately owned by Yildiz Holding AS. We work closely with other companies within the pladis group family and Yildiz. We may share certain personal data including marketing enquiries, competition or promotion rewards and concerns or complaints with other pladis group companies for marketing, customer service and internal reporting purposes.
- Marketing: Our marketing agencies send newsletters and marketing emails, manage competitions and promotions, and operate our social network presence on our behalf.
- Website and communications: We use web design, administration and hosting providers to operate our brand and corporate websites.
- Printing and delivery: We share personal data with printing and delivery companies for personalisation of communications and to deliver marketing materials and competition/promotion prizes.
- Insurance: Our insurers may require personal data to administer insurance claims.
- Recruitment: We share personal data with recruiters acting on our behalf.
- Information Systems: We use third parties to manage information systems on our behalf such as email, office software, customer services and personnel.
- Law enforcement agencies, courts, regulators, government authorities or other third parties: We share personal data with these parties where we are under a legal or regulatory obligation to do so, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
We may share personal data with any third party that purchases, or to which we transfer, our assets and business. Should such a sale or transfer occur, the third party will be subject to applicable data protection laws and obligations.
We are part of an international group of companies, and personal data may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country that is not regarded as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal data under United Kingdom or European Union law. We have put in place appropriate safeguards to ensure that your data is adequately protected.
We do not knowingly collect personal data about children under the age of 16 through our websites, competitions or promotions. Where there is a need to process personal data about children under the age of 16, we will notify and if necessary obtain consent from the parent/guardian.
We keep personal data for no longer than required for the purpose of processing, including where we need to keep it to:
- maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes;
- comply with record retention obligations;
- defend or bring legal claims; or
- deal with queries or complaints you may have.
You have rights regarding personal data about you, including the rights to:
- request copies of personal data we hold about you and details of how we use that data;
- correct inaccurate personal data;
- request that we erase personal data;
- restrict how we use personal data;
- withdraw any consent you may have given, or object to our use of personal data;
- request copies of personal data in a usable electronic format.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us using the contact details below.
United Biscuits (UK) Limited trading as pladis is the controller responsible for the personal data that we collect and process and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office number Z866290X. You can contact our Data Protection Controller at pladis, Hayes Park, Hayes End Road, Hayes, Middlesex UB4 8EE, or email email@example.com, or call +44 (0)20 8234 5129.
If you are not satisfied with our response, or you believe our personal data processing is not in accordance with the law, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) by calling +44 (0)303 123 1113, or visiting ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
We may modify or update this notice from time to time, and if changes have a substantial impact on how we process personal data about you, then we will contact you to give you the opportunity to exercise your rights such as objecting to the processing.
This notice was last updated on 7th February 2019.